    SubjectRe: [BUG] sysfs on 2.5.48 unable to remove files while in use
    Patrick Mochel wrote:
    > * This uses a sysfs control file to manage a list of probes.
    > * The sysfs directory is at
    > *
    > * /sys/noisy/

    I really like the idea of controlling kprobes through sysfs.
    However, ...

    > * A Noisy Probe can be added by echoing into the file, like:
    > *
    > * $ echo "add <address> <message>" > /sys/noisy/ctl

    do you really need a "magic" file for this ? I don't know how
    well sysfs supports mkdir/rmdir (if at all), but they would
    seem to provide a much more natural interface. (VFS allows
    rmdir to remove non-empty directories, so you wouldn't have
    to rm -r.)

    I don't think you need probe installation and message setting
    to be atomic, so you could just assign a unique default
    message, e.g. the probe address.

    - Werner

    / Werner Almesberger, Buenos Aires, Argentina /

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:31    [W:0.019 / U:8.344 seconds]