SubjectRe: Module Refcount & Stuff mini-FAQ
On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 10:02:00AM +1100, Rusty Russell wrote:

> I implemented the minimal subset: it's trivial to put back. The
> important question is why do you want it? Do you only want it when
> CONFIG_MODULES=y? Do you only want the exported symbols, or all
> symbols?
> If this is for oprofile to figure out where modules are, then an entry
> in /proc/modules seems more appropriate, yes?

Keith Owens pointed out that I need info on where each section is
mapped (consider the separate alloc of init/core sections; sure,
module_init() is an odd thing to profile but it's nice not to lose
samples). I don't care about the symbols themselves, but I believe Keith

Khendon's Law: If the same point is made twice by the same person,
the thread is over.