    SubjectRe: Module Refcount & Stuff mini-FAQ
    On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 10:02:00AM +1100, Rusty Russell wrote:

    > I implemented the minimal subset: it's trivial to put back. The
    > important question is why do you want it? Do you only want it when
    > CONFIG_MODULES=y? Do you only want the exported symbols, or all
    > symbols?
    >
    > If this is for oprofile to figure out where modules are, then an entry
    > in /proc/modules seems more appropriate, yes?

    Keith Owens pointed out that I need info on where each section is
    mapped (consider the separate alloc of init/core sections; sure,
    module_init() is an odd thing to profile but it's nice not to lose
    samples). I don't care about the symbols themselves, but I believe Keith
    does.

    regards
    john
    --
    Khendon's Law: If the same point is made twice by the same person,
    the thread is over.