SubjectGPL rant -- was: spinlocks, the GPL, and binary-only modules

I think he means when you contribute to a GNU piece of code? They ask you
to sign over your copyright so they can enforce it more easily in court.

Or so they say. They could also use this power for evil. Also, what's up
with that "GPL version 2 or later" stuff? I always take that out of my
licenses. While I understand that if I die, its then sort of trapped
under GPL2, I really don't want whoever decides to make the next GPL
changing the licensing on my program significantly...

--Zac

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Jon Portnoy wrote:

> Blatantly false. Have you even _read_ the GPL? It doesn't seem that way -
> in which case why are you discussing it?
>
> Please get your facts straight. While you're at it, please avoid making
> yourself look like an idiot in the future.
>
> On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, archaios wrote:
>
> > When you GPL a piece of software, you sign over your rights to the FSF. Therefore, there is very little that can be done about this;
> > from a legal perspective, the FSF _itself_ determines what is and what isn't construed as a derived work.
> >
> > - David McIlwraith

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:31    [W:0.060 / U:0.696 seconds]