    Subject[CFT] Athlon testers needed.
    In some obscure documentation, I found out that recent Athlons
    (model 8 stepping 1 and greater) behave better with certain MSRs
    programmed slightly differently to those of earlier models.
    It's likely a lot of BIOSen out there don't get this right
    (Especially in the BIOS older than CPU case).

    x86info[1] will be able to dump these registers (run as root
    and use -m option), and mail me the results so I can confirm
    my suspicions. I've a patch pending, but I'd rather get some
    test data before unleashing it on unsuspecting victims.

    I'm particularly interested in hearing from folks who have
    been experiencing problems with model 8 and above Athlons,
    earlier models are less interesting for the moment.

    | Dave Jones.
    | SuSE Labs

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:31    [W:0.020 / U:11.276 seconds]