    SubjectRe: Filesystem Capabilities in 2.6?

    On Sat, 2 Nov 2002, Rik van Riel wrote:
    > Sure it's more flexible, but I wonder how many userland
    > programs will be broken if we change the permission model
    > and how well users can protect their data this way.

    This is not a "change". Existing behaviour clearly cannot change. We're
    talking about new interfaces to export capabilities in the filesystem.

    And pathnames are a _hell_ of a lot better and straightforward interface
    than inode numbers are. It's confusing when you change the permission on
    one path to notice that another path magically changed too.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.022 / U:16.856 seconds]