    SubjectRe: Kconfig (qt) -> Gconfig (gtk)
    On Sun, 3 Nov 2002 10:28 am, Dr. David Alan Gilbert wrote:
    > * Patrick Finnegan ( wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Lota of installations have gtk but don't have qt.
    > >
    > > And a lot of installations have QT but not GTK... This feels like a vi vs
    > > emacs discussion.
    > >
    > > Personally, it makes no difference to me which library is used. I'm
    > > doubtful I'll use anything other than menuconfig unless it makes my life
    > > a *whole* lot easier. I'd say 'choose one and get on with it.'
    > Exactly my point. I just don't see the point in spending the neuron
    > hours on both.
    > But you guys who are worried about space and dependencies always can:
    > 1) use menuconfig

    OR, we could use the logical choice. GTK+ is on most systems, has hardly any
    dependancies, is relatively small (compared to Qt) and doesn't require a C++
    compiler. Really, I think the only people being religious here are the ones
    voting for Qt, as it just doesn't make sense to use it for such a thing. If
    you absolutely hate GTK+, there is menuconfig, and IIRC KDE have their own
    [external] kernel configurator utility.

    (and before anyone tries to jump on me for being a gtk zealot - I'm not. I run
    KDE as my primary desktop, so I'm quite fond of Qt. That doesn't mean it
    makes any more sense in a kernel however ;))

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.042 / U:65.020 seconds]