SubjectKernel seems to be dropping raw eth1 packets
Hi!

I have a tiny test application which is sending
packets on two ethernet interfaces eth0 and eth1, by
supplying IP_PKTINFO in the sendmsg program. However,
while the same code works for eth0 and lo, the eth1
packets are never sent, and sendmsg never gives me an
error. Seems like the kernel drops those packets
silently.

I have tried a SO_BINDTODEVICE on the raw socket, and
also passed the index of the interface after I
retrieve it using ioctl on an ifreq structure. Neither
of them have succeeded.

Kindly cc me to the reply, since I am not subscribed
to the mailing list.

Thanks and Regards

Pratik