    SubjectRe: lan based kgdb
    Stelian Pop <stelian.pop@fr.alcove.com> writes:
    > Using USB instead of the serial line or the network card would be
    > the best IMHO, because:
    >
    > * many machines have network cards, but all machines have USB
    > (and it's gonna stay this way for some time)

    Um, no; _many_ machines have USB.

    [The boards I work with all have a UART _on the CPU chip_, so it's
    pretty cheap to give them a serial connection, and many of them have a
    network connection because it's needed -- but none of them have USB...

    Even if you're talking about just PCs, most of the PCs I use are
    slightly old, and don't have USB; maybe I'm just from mars or something,
    but it's always kind of annoying to see people talking as if USB were
    universal...]

    -Miles
    --
    80% of success is just showing up. --Woody Allen