SubjectRE: Dual athlon XP 1800 problems
Don't know about the kernel issues your experiencing but I have that
board and the BIOS does seem a bit flaky - I can confirm however that
the temperature monitoring as you noticed doesn't give sane readings
until you hit update for the first time.

I have Dual Athlon MP 1.2Ghz, 768MB crucial ECC RAM and kernel 2.4.19
optimized for athlonmp using gentoo patches and its solid as a rock.
The only problems I've had were full lock-ups when compiling but I
traced that to a faulty dimm module.

linux-kernel" in