    SubjectRe: Bugzilla bug tracking database for 2.5 now available.
    Martin J. Bligh wrote:

    > >The bugs assigned to me are all in the 'open' state, with no
    > >obvious way to change them to 'assigned'.
    >

    > There's a radio button just below the additional comments box,
    > "Accept bug (change status to ASSIGNED)". Then hit Commit.

    That would be the obvious way, but that option is not presented to me :)
    Look at http://gtf.org/garzik/misc/Screenshot.png ;-)

    Tangent: Red Hat's bugzilla has a 'NEEDINFO' status which is quite
    useful too.

    > >>Also, the bug owner can close MULTIPLE bugs at the same time
    > >>on Bugzilla. A bug owner can query all of his bugs which will
    > >>then be displayed in a list, click the option "Change several bugs
    > >>at once" at the bottom of the list, select the bugs that he wants
    > >>to close, and then hit Commit button. It's pretty simple. Besides
    > >>closing the bugs, the owner can make similar changes to several bugs
    > >>at the same time using the same mechanism.
    > >
    > >The basic point still stands, though, that if the bug owner must
    > close multiple bugs at once, they are likely clearing out garbage and
    > that each individual bug is not necessarily unique or valid...
    >

    > If it gets onerous in terms of numbers of bugs filed, we can get people
    > to prefilter them. I think that things will calm down in a week or so,
    > but if you want, I can find someone to do that for network drivers.

    I'm willing to wait and see how things settle out in a few weeks. I
    doubt it will be a huge problem for me personally, but as we see on the
    mailing lists already, there are plenty of bogus net stack bug reports
    [I know, I posted one just today and got corrected by Alexey]. I forsee
    David having a much bigger problem with potential bugzilla-related grunt
    work...

    If you think back to what I first proposed, the original idea was to
    minimize the grunt work on kernel developers so we could focus on
    solving the tough problems :) As I said back then, that definitely
    implies some useful help from staff and community to keep the bug
    database clean. I think Andi Kleen mentioned that Mozilla project has
    bugs begin life as pre-screened... I think that's a pretty good model.
    Since you pointed out that Bugzilla supports that model from a technical
    standpoint, all we need are the pre-screeners to help us out... :)

    Jeff

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:31    [W:0.024 / U:33.172 seconds]