SubjectRe: Bugzilla bug tracking database for 2.5 now available.
>> I'm more concerned about the inevitable explosion of duplicates
>> and "fixed already"'s.
>
> mozilla handles it this way: the bug starts as unconfirmed. they have a
> volunteer group of pre screeners. Only when one of these people sets
> it to valid or similar then the owners of the module get mail.

Ours is set up the same way, it's just called "OPEN" state instead
of "UNCONFIRMED".

> I guess that could work for the linux kernel bugzilla too. Never hazzle
> a developer, until someone confirmed the bug in some way (this does not
> mean that he needs to reproduce it, just weed out obvious duplicates
> and bogus postings)

Easy enough to do, we just need to change the default owners if
people get overloaded.

M.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:31    [W:0.050 / U:0.216 seconds]