    SubjectRe: make distclean and make dep??
    On Wed, 13 Nov 2002, Nicolas Pitre wrote:

    > On Wed, 13 Nov 2002, Andreas Steinmetz wrote:
    > > Sam Ravnborg wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Since they are equal I removed the help for the less used version.
    > >
    > > Not so nice. /me e.g. is used to distclean, never used mrproper and
    > > distclean is a standard target in most projects, so people are probably
    > > more used to distclean than mrproper which is kernel specific.

    I think there's good reasons for both distclean and mrproper, distclean is
    the standard target which most projects use, and mrproper is the
    traditional Linux kernel target. So I would vote for keeping them both
    (and share a common help entry).

    What I don't see is why we would need different semantics, though,

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:31    [W:0.055 / U:47.064 seconds]