SubjectRe: 2.5-bk AT_GID clash
In message <> you write:
> On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 11:16, Rusty Russell wrote:
> > This might be kOK too, but in practice I don't think much will be in
> > moduleloader.h: asm/module.h only really defines struct
> > mod_arch_specific, which is embedded in struct module, and struct
> > module needs to be exposed for those inlines...
> But does everyone who wants to implement a module need to be exposed
> to all the details of the elf header?

Well, linux/module.h -> asm/module.h -> linux/elf.h. Although if you
use #define instead of typedef you can break the last link. Feel free
to send a patch to split it into moduleload.h or something, but I
think it'll look tiny.

But IMHO the nameclash needs to be fixed *anyway*, not hacked around,
or someone else will run over it one day. AFAICT, changing
fs/binfmt_elf.c and elf.h to AT_RGID is the simplest. Both should be
mildly chastised for using a prefix like AT_ publically.