    SubjectRe: 2.5-bk AT_GID clash
    In message <> you write:
    > On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 11:16, Rusty Russell wrote:
    > > This might be kOK too, but in practice I don't think much will be in
    > > moduleloader.h: asm/module.h only really defines struct
    > > mod_arch_specific, which is embedded in struct module, and struct
    > > module needs to be exposed for those inlines...
    > But does everyone who wants to implement a module need to be exposed
    > to all the details of the elf header?

    Well, linux/module.h -> asm/module.h -> linux/elf.h. Although if you
    use #define instead of typedef you can break the last link. Feel free
    to send a patch to split it into moduleload.h or something, but I
    think it'll look tiny.

    But IMHO the nameclash needs to be fixed *anyway*, not hacked around,
    or someone else will run over it one day. AFAICT, changing
    fs/binfmt_elf.c and elf.h to AT_RGID is the simplest. Both should be
    mildly chastised for using a prefix like AT_ publically.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.026 / U:0.984 seconds]