    SubjectRe: module mess in -CURRENT
    In message <> you wri
    > > The biggest need though is documentation so people can actually fix all
    > > the drivers for this stuff.
    > I think Al convinced Rusty that most drivers don't need to worry and that
    > Rusty was a bit over-eager (ie sound, much of char, all of block and fs
    > should all be handled by upper layers without the races)

    Not really. The Kernel Summit and an audit of drivers convinced me
    that changing every driver simply wasn't feasible.

    *You* convinced me not to break any driver source code: every time you
    dropped my patches I went back and implemented another compat macro 8)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:31    [W:0.018 / U:3.928 seconds]