    SubjectRE: local APIC may cause XFree86 hang
    Date

    The one instance I saw was that the BIOS was reading 8254 in a tight loop
    for a calibration purpose, and it was assuming the time proceeded in a
    constant speed, to exit the loop. In other words, it never assumed it could
    get interrupts. To vm86, interrupts are invisible, but they have impacts on
    the actual speed.

    Jun

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:31    [W:0.046 / U:61.124 seconds]