SubjectRe: md on shared storage
Date

I am testing OpenGFS on this hardware(it is on loan from OSDL), I could
probably do some testing for you if you have some specifics you want to try.
I am having trouble with the volume management portion of OpenGFS also(but I
don't necessarily think they are related).

--Brian Jackson

<snip>

> I'm interested in finding what magic is required to get a stable
> setup with qlogic drivers and LVM. I have tested many kernel combinations,
> vendor kernels, stock, -aa and variety of different qlogic drivers
> inclusing the one with the alleged stack hog fixes and they all ooops
> when using LVM (can take up to 10 days of production load). Removing
> LVM 45 days ago and now I have 45 days uptime on these boxes.
>
> I'm currently building a test setup to try and excercise this problem
> as all my other boxes with qlogic cards are production and can't be
> played with. I really miss having volume management and a SAN setup
> is really where you need it the most.
>
> ~mc

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.060 / U:0.308 seconds]