SubjectRe: Multiple kprobes per address
On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 10:35:56AM -0800, Rusty Lynch wrote:
> I was really only concerned with multiple consumers of kprobes. So if
> I were to create some tool that used kpobes to hook into the kernel, and
> someone else were to create another tool that solved a different problem
> but also used kprobes then the two tools wouldn't play nice with each other.

There will be a problem when both the tools (built on top of kprobes) try
to place probes at the same address: only the first probe actually succeds,
the second one gets -EEXIST from register_kprobe.

This could be made to work, but at the moment, it seems unnecessary
complication to me. Lets reconsider it when it really becomes a problem.

Thanks,
Vamsi.
--
Vamsi Krishna S.