SubjectRe: PDC20276 Linux driver

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002, Geoffrey Lee wrote:

> FWIW, we seem to have a not-unsimilar problem.
>
> Board is a Gigabyte GA-7VRXP which has an on-board Promise 20276.
> Processes get stuck in D after a couple of days,
Sorry for my english, what does couple means? :)

> and kernel log shows
> an invalid NULL deference in find_inode() in fs/inode.c, when it does
>
> inode->i_ino
>
> dereference.
>
> It does not check for whether inode is NULL or not.
>
> I realize that appears to be valid, because it appears to me that inode
> should never be NULL when it is retrieved from list_entry().

Do u say this because u read list_entry() code, or why?

> I have the ksymoops oops file available, I would be more than happy to
> post that up if anyone wants to take a look.

I would like to help you :) but I have not idea how can I do :(
I would like to debug the kernel but I don't know how to do, can u tell me
a good documentation can I read? Please, please, please.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.096 / U:0.216 seconds]