SubjectRe: [lkcd-devel] Re: What's left over.
Pavel Machek <pavel@ucw.cz> writes:

> I have very similar problem in swsusp (need to deactivate DMA
> devices), and driverfs^H^H^H^H^Hsysfs framework seems to be suitable
> for that.

Yes. The problem and the solutions are very similar. Because you are
restoring the kernel code I don't think we can use the same functions,
but similar work needs to be done. The correct hook for reboots,
halts, kexec, and other cases where the kernel is going away is
device_shutdown which currently calls device->shutdown(). Since the
implementation has changed recently to avoid other problems no one
actually implements the shutdown method at the moment. Once that
happens we can probably kill the reboot notifiers. But there is a lot
of driver work to do on that score.

Eric

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.231 / U:0.160 seconds]