    Subjectpc_keyb.c #define kbd_controller_present()
    1. We have a hardware platform which do not have a PS/2 style keyboard
    controller. When the kernel boots we get the following message, printed
    many times over:

    "pc_keyb: controller jammed 0xFF"

    2. In the file linx/drivers/char/pc_keyb.c, the following lines are
    present (lines 72-74 for kernel version 2.4.20-pre10)

    #ifndef kbd_controller_present
    #define kbd_controller_present() 1
    #endif

    By changing kbd_controller_present() to '0' instead of '1', we no longer
    the the "jammed" message and a 15-20 second reduction in boot time.

    3. It would be nice if there were a .config file parameter that was the
    moral equivalent of CONFIG_PSMOUSE for the keyboard, like say
    CONFIG_PSKEYBD so that the keyboard could be disabled as easily as the
    mouse.

    4. We try to maintain different linux/.config files for each hardware
    platform. This works well, except in this case of the keyboard. In
    this case we have to maintain a hardware specific patch.

    Is it possible to get a new .config file symbol for the keyboard similar
    to the mouse? It would be very helpful to us.

    Thanks,

    Nat
    nat.ersoz@myrio.com

    PS - please post responses to my email as well as the LKML. Thanks.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.662 / U:0.340 seconds]