    SubjectRe: Voyager subarchitecture for 2.5.46

    > > Unfortunately, this means "bye bye vsyscalls for gettimeofday".
    > Not necessarily. All of the fastpatch and the checking can be done by the
    > vsyscall, and if the vsyscall notices that there is a backwards jump
    > in

    I believe you need to *store* last value given to userland. Checking
    backwards jump can be dealt with, but to check for time going
    backwards you need to *store* result each result of vsyscall. I do not
    think that can be done from userlnad.

    > That said, I suspect that the real issue with vsyscalls is that they don't
    > really make much sense. The only system call we've ever found that matters
    > at all is gettimeofday(), and the vsyscall implementation there looks like
    > a "cool idea, but doesn't really matter (and complicates things a lot)".

    I don't like vsyscalls at all...
    When do you have heart between your knees?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.024 / U:36.756 seconds]