SubjectRe: What's left over.

On Fri, 1 Nov 2002, Patrick Finnegan wrote:

> No, vendor == people who sold or gave us the softare. Right now, Linus is
> acting like he's a big evil corporation that won't add the change no
> matter what we say:

... to his tree. Geez, why could that be? Maybe because you don't have
any rights to decide what patches does anybody else apply to their trees?

It's not a fscking public service. Linus has full control over his
tree. You have equally full control over your tree. Linus can't
tell you what patches to apply in your tree. You can't tell Linus
what patches he should apply to his.

"I'm not satisfied with this tree, I'll try that one" is perfectly OK.
"I'm not satisfied with either, so bend the fsck over and change your
tree the way I want" is _NOT_.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.378 / U:0.800 seconds]