    SubjectRe: [kbuild-devel] Re: linux kernel conf 0.8
    On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 06:29:03PM +0200, Roman Zippel wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, Randy.Dunlap wrote:
    >
    > > So I think that you and Roman are close to agreement, when Roman
    > > has the library backend ready. Of course someone needs to do a
    > > "reference implementation" with it also, but it doesn't need to
    > > ship with the kernel.
    >
    > We ship BK documentation, so shipping a small QT app can't be that
    > problematic. :)
    > Creating the library isn't that difficult (kbuild is currently my
    > problem here) and I'll still have to write some API documentation for it
    > and some glue code to load the library.

    Why don't you just separate the library from the kernel at all, making
    it a similar package. We depend on a few external, kernel-specific
    packages anyway, and depending on libkconfig wouldn't make the situation
    worse. Instead people could keep their tools build one time around in
    /usr/{local/,}bin (especially important with qt-monsters :)) and if
    there is a change in the language Documentation/Changes would get
    updated to the new required version and people had to update it,
    similar to the gcc situation for a new development kernel.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:29    [W:0.023 / U:60.180 seconds]