    Subjectkdb against memory corruption?
    I think i found a case of memory corruption in the backport of
    the linuxconsole-ruby patch to 2.4.19.

    Some parts (not sure which yet) of the tty_struct get
    overwritten. I do not yet know when that happens or how, but i
    intend to find out with kdb and its bph brakepoint feature.

    Unfortunatly my initial attempts to find the instance where the
    memory segment gets corrupted failed. I specified a certain
    address, a length of 4 byte and DATAW as arguments to the bph
    command.

    but reading the kdb manpage i get the impression that
    startaddress and length have to match precisly:

    DATAW Enters the kernel debugger when data of length
    length is written to the specified address.

    how can i use this to find the cause of the corruption? Anyone
    done this before? i would want to be alerted whenever anything
    withing a certain memory range gets overwritten.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:29    [W:0.021 / U:218.556 seconds]