SubjectRe: The end of embedded Linux?
You could always try examining the code for yourself and making a
suggestion regarding inappropriate dependencies, or bloated
dependencies. One of the problems you have here is... Linux 'hackers'
are not trying to sell you an embedded solution. If anything, you
are getting a freebie, and you should be gracious that you don't
have to pay full price for a commercial solution...

Other members of the 'hacker computer' who work for companies that use
Linux in their embedded product tend not to scream and complain. Instead,
they roll up their sleeves and get to it...

One of the methods described above has a better chance of being effective.

Which one do you think that might be? :-)

mark

P.S. Linux 2.5 is a development kernel - the fact that is isn't polished
to your liking is not a surprise. It isn't polished to *many* peoples
likings, which is the primary reason that people such as myself have
not installed it.