    SubjectRe: oops in bk pull (oct 03)

    On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, Linus Torvalds wrote:

    > On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, Alexander Viro wrote:
    > >
    > > It is repeatable, it does happen with current BK (well, as of couple
    > > of hours ago) and reverting pci/probe.c change apparently cures it.
    >
    > Really? That probe.c diff is _really_ small, and looks truly obvious. In
    > particular, I don't see how it could possibly cause that kind of
    > behaviour. What am I missing?

    Hell knows. The only explanation I see (and that's not worth much) is that
    we somehow confuse the chipset and get crapped on something like next cache
    miss.

    I'm out of ideas on that one - if you have any suggestions / questions on
    details of behaviour I'll be glad to try and see what I can do, but for
    now I'm reverting the probe.c patch in my tree so that I could return to
    initramfs work. Originally I thought it was a bug in my own code, but oops
    is present in 2.5.40-BK and disappears in 2.5.40-BK minus probe.c changeset...

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:29    [W:0.020 / U:32.312 seconds]