SubjectRe: Abbott and Costello meet Crunch Time -- Penultimate 2.5 merge candidate list.
Date
On Wednesday 30 October 2002 4:59, Miles Bader wrote:
> Dave Cinege <dcinege@psychosis.com> writes:
> > #2 My main bitch at jeff was he said if initramfs goes in
> > initrd comes out. initrd shodul not come out.
>
> So what are the advantages of initrd over initramfs? Is it just
> historical compatibility, or are is there more?

I didn't intend to get into a crazy discussion like this now...

After I release my patch later today, and people see how it
works, then we can discuss this is a meaningful manner.

Until then, I'll end further comments to this thread.

Dave

--
The time is now 22:48 (Totalitarian) - http://www.ccops.org/