    SubjectRe: Abbott and Costello meet Crunch Time -- Penultimate 2.5 merge candidate list.
    Jeff Garzik <> writes:
    > >[Well, OK, actually it'd be nice to have something like initramfs + some
    > >other sort of fetch-the-bits-directly-from-ROM FS which I could
    > >mix-n-match; anyway initramfs has got to be better than initrd...]
    > It should be pretty easy to populate initramfs from ROM...

    Actually what I was trying to say was that often I don't want to copy
    from ROM to RAM, I just want to have file reads get the bits directly
    from ROM (to avoid using, um, RAM).

    Currently I do this by using a romfs filesystem stored in an MD device
    which is reading from ROM.

    [|nurgle|] ddt- demonic? so quake will have an evil kinda setting? one that
    will make every christian in the world foamm at the mouth?
    [iddt] nurg, that's the goal

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.020 / U:0.204 seconds]