    SubjectRe: What's left over.
    On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 02:00:31PM +1100, Rusty Russell wrote:
    > > I don't know why people still want ACL's. There were noises about them for
    > > samba, but I'v enot heard anything since. Are vendors using this?
    >
    > SAMBA needs them, which is why serious Samba boxes use XFS. Tridge,
    > Ted?

    XFS doesn't have ACLs either in plain 2.5.

    > > Not for the feature freeze, there are some noises that imply that SuSE may
    > > push it in their kernels.
    >
    > They have, IIRC. Interestingly, it was less invasive (existing source
    > touched) than the LVM2/DM patch you merged.

    But that only because dm added stuff to the generic code where we
    told it. It's a lot more code than dm and it adds new discovery
    code at the same time we start moving stuff _out_ of the kernel
    to initramfs.

    If you can SuSE has merged it any IBM patch posted here should get
    in, coming from big blue seems to be a basic merge criteria in
    Nuernberg :)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.020 / U:215.848 seconds]