SubjectRe: EVMS Submission for 2.5
Date
On Thursday 03 October 2002 09:51, Alexander Viro wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Oct 2002, Kevin Corry wrote:
> > > IOW, the real question is what are you going to do with that list of
> > > gendisks?
> >
> > EVMS will try to read volume metadata from each device and activate
> > volumes if it finds any pertinent metadata.
>
> _Ouch_. "Each" as in...? E.g. do you want to do that for floppies?
> Cdroms? EVMS volumes themselves? Things like /dev/loop? (and if yes, at
> which point do you do that?)

EVMS can filter out devices that don't make sense to probe for volumes.
Currently it ignores such things as floppies and cd-roms, as well as EVMS
volumes. We have actually added the ability to probe loop devices, though,
since we had several requests for that functionality.

--
Kevin Corry
corryk@us.ibm.com