    SubjectRe: Linux 2.5.44-ac5
    On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 09:52:58AM -0500, Alan Cox wrote:
    > o Work around makefile breakages for pcmcia scsi (me)
    > | Will whoever broke vpath please fix it properly

    Being "partner in crime" I would like to give it a try.
    Could you give an advice what is the best approach?

    What I have thought of so far:
    1) Create a small qlogic_fas_stub.c in the pcmia subdirectory that
    includes the qlogic_fas.c source in the scsi directory.
    2) Do some magic in the makefile so I have a .o file present in
    the pcmia sub-directory, build based on the src in the scsi directory.

    I never did any of the above because of the following reasons:
    a) I have not seen 1) used before, and generally does not like
    including .c files in .c files.
    b) Solution 2) looked too ugly to me.
    The only difference between the PCMIA version and the normal one is
    small details with respect to interrupts.
    I wonder if that could be configured during startup of the driver, hereby
    selecting between normal or PCMIA version.
    But i have never written a Linux driver so my knowledge in this area is
    too low to judge.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.020 / U:24.536 seconds]