SubjectRe: [STATUS 2.5] October 23, 2002
Date
On Wednesday 23 October 2002 00:53, Guillaume Boissiere wrote:
> Only a couple days to go before feature freeze.
> And many changes since last week... due in large part
> to recent discussions about what "mergeable" means.
>
> The Web version is as usual at:
> http://www.kernelnewbies.org/status/
>
> The list should map pretty closely to the latest
> Crunch Time list sent out by Rob.
>
> Enjoy!
>
> -- Guillaume

Oh fun, more work. :)

I can't figure out which specific patch you mean by "per-cpu hot and cold page
lists" (there's a half-dozen candidates, closest seems to be adding a tag to
pagevec, maybe I just missed it?) And since there doesn't seem to be any API
change, this might possibly be able to go into the stable series? (Does it
break other stuff?)

People keep telling me zerocopy NFS is already in, you've got it in the ready
state...

I think a proper explanation of the chances of the digital video project
getting in from a standing start at this late date involve snowballs and
theology, but you never know, and it's not my call... :)

--
http://penguicon.sf.net - Terry Pratchett, Eric Raymond, Pete Abrams, Illiad,
CmdrTaco, liquid nitrogen ice cream, and caffienated jello. Well why not?