SubjectRe: rtnetlink interface state monitoring problems.
Hi Jamal,

>> But Bluetooth devices are not network devices, it seems. There exists no
>> current mechanism for notifying anyone of state changes. Should we invent a
>> new method of notification using netlink, or should Bluetooth interfaces in
>> fact be normal network devices just like IrDA devices are?
>>

>I think the only time you should go netdev is when it makes sense to run IP.
Totally agree.

>Is there IP over bluttooth?
Yep. It's called BNEP (Bluetooth Network Encapsulation Protocol) which is bascially
an Ethernet emulation. That thing is the netdev of course.

>Then you could take advantage of all the nice features provided by netdevices (other
>than being IP devices;->).
>If not, it probably time for someone to write a generic notification
>scheme via netlink.
Might be interesting.

Max

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.055 / U:0.112 seconds]