    SubjectRe: [Fastboot] [CFT] kexec syscall for 2.5.43 (linux booting linux)

    Digging further into the one failure I can reproduced, I have
    found a very weird failure case. The kernel code dies after switching
    into 32bit mode. I found this boot setting the setup.S hooks and printing
    a character to the serial port whenever they were encountered.

    I will release another version of kexec-tools shortly with a -debug switch
    to enable this debugging, and anything else I can think of. For the most
    part I have avoided printing messages out the serial port because not
    everyone has one, or has it setup as a serial console.

    But if I enable it just on a debugging switch it should be o.k. and help
    quite a bit with figuring out why some machines fail, and others do not.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.018 / U:3.236 seconds]