SubjectRe: Linux v2.5.44 - and offline for a week
Rob Landley <landley@trommello.org> writes:

> On Saturday 19 October 2002 07:41, Nicholas Wourms wrote:
>> Since I'm not a contributor, I know my opinion doesn't count for much.
>> Still, as a user I think it is important not to write of new features just
>> because they didn't make the "arbitrary" freeze date. Again, I really
>> don't see what the rush is all about.
>
> Who says anything about writing off features? 3.0 isn't the end of the world.
> The kernel team is trying to get it out now so people don't have to wait
> another year or more to use the new features that have ALREADY gotten in.

Quoting from
<http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=2hhl0l%2494r%40klaava.Helsinki.FI>:

"In short, the next version of linux (0.99.15) will be a "full-featured"
release, and only obvious bug-fixes to existing features will be applied
before calling it 1.0. If this means that your favourite feature or
networking version won't make it, don't despair: there is life even
after beta (and it's probably not worth mailing me about it any more:
I've seen quite a few favourite features already ;-)."

Regards, Olaf.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.161 / U:0.408 seconds]