SubjectRe: Crunch time -- Final merge candidates for 3.0 (the list).
Date
On 20 October 2002 21:49, Rob Landley wrote:
> When Linus comes back, at best he's going to give a thumbs up or
> thumbs down to each patch currently sitting there in front of him,
> and then it's on to the feature freeze. He may not take any of them,
> or he may just take one or two. But the best we can hope to do is
> present him with a nice (short) list of tested patches. (Remember,
> the less work Linus has to do, the higher the percentage of it that
> will actually get done.)

Well, maybe it makes sense to reduce flow of non-features patches
for a couple of days to let Linus feel less buried in email?
I think VM tweaking and such... It could be done after Linus
say what got in and what did not.

Although I doubt we can keep akpm/acme/davem/etc/etc/etc from hacking,
maybe there's a way to block SMTP traffic from them? ;)
(just kidding. They develop features as well)
--
vda