SubjectRe: Rob Landley <>
Hi Rob,

Rob Landley wrote:
> If your patch isn't on the list, speak out now. Better yet, post a
URL to the
> latest version. It's "show me the code" time. (Yes, Hans Reiser,
this means
> you. :) There are still 7 days till the end of Linus's cruise, but
that's
> not much time to get guinea pigs to publicly pipe up with a hearty
"AOL!" of
> support for your work...

Here's another feature I would like to see go in: MMU-less procesor support.

Latest patches for the memory management changes are at:

http://www.uclinux.org/pub/uClinux/uClinux-2.5.x/linux-2.5.44uc0-mm.patch.gz

The core of this stuff has been around for years (earliest in 2.0.33),
with a _lot_ of users (easily > 50000). And specifically these patches
have been tracking every 2.5 release pretty much since it started.

The other important peice with this is the FLAT format exe loader
(binfmt_flat), patch at:

http://www.uclinux.org/pub/uClinux/uClinux-2.5.x/linux-2.5.44uc0-binflat.patch.gz

To make this truely useful though you also need some new archiecture
support. Up to date patches for 2 of these are at:

http://www.uclinux.org/pub/uClinux/uClinux-2.5.x/linux-2.5.44uc0-m68knommu.patch.gz
http://www.uclinux.org/pub/uClinux/uClinux-2.5.x/linux-2.5.44uc0-v850.patch.gz

These support the non-VM 68k processors (683XXX and ColdFire), and the
NEC v850 family. [We have many more (ARM, SPARC, i960, etc) but they are
not 2.5 ready yet].

Also some drivers to go along with this, but I won't bother listing
them here. See my other emails on the list for those patches...

Regards
Greg