    SubjectRe: PROBLEM: ide-related kernel panic in 2.4.19 and 2.4.20-pre11
    On Sat, 19 Oct 2002, Andre Hedrick wrote:

    > So could you ask the question a little more blunt?
    > "Gee, I am trying to break a US Law on content protection, would you be my
    > enabler? Don't worry, it only effects the US, and we are in a public
    > forum. Also, do you prefer gray or black in your future pin stripped
    > suit?"

    Unless the rules have changed VERY recently, making a copy of legally
    owned music for personal use, such as in the car, MP3 player, etc, is
    called "fair use" and is totally legal.

    I have no problem with copy protected CDs, as long as they are labeled
    clearly so you know they aren't in CDDA *book format.

    bill davidsen <>
    CTO, TMR Associates, Inc

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.019 / U:282.824 seconds]