SubjectRe: PROBLEM: ide-related kernel panic in 2.4.19 and 2.4.20-pre11
On Sat, 19 Oct 2002, Andre Hedrick wrote:

> So could you ask the question a little more blunt?
>
> "Gee, I am trying to break a US Law on content protection, would you be my
> enabler? Don't worry, it only effects the US, and we are in a public
> forum. Also, do you prefer gray or black in your future pin stripped
> suit?"

Unless the rules have changed VERY recently, making a copy of legally
owned music for personal use, such as in the car, MP3 player, etc, is
called "fair use" and is totally legal.

I have no problem with copy protected CDs, as long as they are labeled
clearly so you know they aren't in CDDA *book format.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
CTO, TMR Associates, Inc