    SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] procps 3.0.4
    On Sat, 19 Oct 2002, Albert D. Cahalan wrote:

    > > Can you be more specific? What bugs do you see?

    > There isn't error checking in the five_cpu_numbers function
    > to detect bad data. Not that bad data should ever happen; there
    > is a bug in the WOLK kernel.

    Guess why the iowait stats are initialised to 0 ? ;)

    We know that user, system, nice and idle are present
    in every kernel and we bail out with an error if we
    get less than 4 values for the CPU stats.

    > I could make vmstat way faster if the kernel would provide the
    > number of tasks that are running, swapped out, blocked, etc.

    I sent in a patch for that. I'll resend when Linus returns
    from holidays.

    cheers,

    Rik
    Current spamtrap: <a href=mailto:"october@surriel.com">october@surriel.com</a>