SubjectRe: 2.5.40: make menuconfig error
On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 02:03:00PM +0200, Frederik Nosi wrote:
> Please CC me because I'm not in the list
> Here it is:
>

> Menuconfig has encountered a possible error in one of the kernel's
> configuration files and is unable to continue. Here is the error
> report:
>
> Q> ./scripts/Menuconfig: MCmenu74: command not found
>
> Please report this to the maintainer <mec@shout.net>. You may also
> send a problem report to <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>.
>
> Please indicate the kernel version you are trying to configure and
> which menu you were trying to enter when this error occurred.
>
> make: *** [menuconfig] Error 1
There is something wrong in the ALSA Config.in, fix already posted.
See http://marc.theaimsgroup.com?l=linux-kernel

> Another strangeness: Some drivers do not build and finding the errors is
> difficult because the error messages come only during linking. When I build
> the kernel usually run this command:
>
> make (bzImage | modules) 2> /some/file .
>
> During compiling i haven't get any compile error, this seems as the linker
> goes searching for files not compiled:
>
> ld: cannot open ircomm_tty.o: No such file or directory
> make[3]: *** [ircomm-tty.o] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [ircomm] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [irda] Error 2
> make: *** [net] Error 2
An error happened when compiling ircomm-tty or one of the composite objects.
Try using:
make KBUILD_VERBOSE=0
Then you will see the error.

Fix already posted to lkml, and present in Linus's latest BK tree.

Sam

> Cheers,
> Frederik Nosi
>
> -

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:29    [W:0.044 / U:0.360 seconds]