    SubjectRe: Linux v2.5.43
    On 10/16, Bill Davidsen said something like:
    > On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > > A huge merging frenzy for the feature freeze, although I also spent a few
    > > days getting rid of the need for ide-scsi.c and the SCSI layer to burn
    > > CD-ROM's with the IDE driver (it still needs an update to cdrecord, I sent
    > > those off to the maintainer).
    > I hope you haven't broken running WITH ide-scsi, because most people still
    > run 2.4 kernels in real life and only test 2.5 because someone has to do
    > it. Reconfiguring the system to use ide-scsi or not is just one more PITA
    > thing which needs to be done, or more likely forgotten, with every new
    > kernel.

    Honestly, I think it's ok to bust the old stuff if needed. This is
    simply my opinion from a user standpoint.

    It's really just one kernel argument or /etc/modules.conf modification
    to fix the old setup, asnd likely, if you set it up in the first place,
    you can un-set it up.

    Shawn Leas

    There's a pizza place near where I live that sells only slices...
    in the back you can see a guy tossing a triangle in the air...
    -- Stephen Wright

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.019 / U:15.144 seconds]