    SubjectDisplay driver.
    I am planning to write a display driver for the chip(MD2406) which is
    having ARM7TDMI core.
    This chip is having a display interface and JPEG engine.

    The purpose is to take JPEG file from user space decode the JPEG file using
    hardware decoder in the chip. Display the the jpeg file.

    I would like to know from you experts, Should I go for Frame Buffer driver
    for this function.

    Its able to do the display of jpeg file only from the processor without
    using linux.
    I am new to display driver. Can I by pass frame buffer method and do the
    SDRAM (Display ram) memory acesses directly and acomplish the task. I mean
    can I do this driver by using ioctl, and write statement alone. As a normal
    charactor driver.
    Is there any problem in doing so.

    Sr. Design Engineer
    Software and Embedded Systems Group,
    11th K. M., Bannerghatta Road,
    Bangalore 560076.
    Ph. No.91-80- 6589080 etx.2058

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.019 / U:125.920 seconds]