    SubjectRe: nfs-server slowdown in 2.4.20-pre10 with client 2.2.19
    On Monday October 14, wrote:

    > > Very odd... There were no changes between pre9 and pre10 that
    > > directly relate to the nfs server, and none that immediately jump out
    > > at me that could cause a slowdown in NFS writes.
    > >
    > > What architecture? PPC saw a lot of updates.
    > i386, namely dual PIII 1GHz with 1 GB RAM
    > Are you sure it has nothing to do with the latest patch and SMP:
    > Trond Myklebust <>:
    > o Workaround NFS hangs introduced in 2.4.20-pre

    Nope. This is purely client side. The nfs server doesn't go anywhere
    near this code.

    > > What filesystem? jfs saw one change
    > reiserfs 3.6
    > > What storage device? IDE or SCSI?
    > IDE, PDC20268

    Well, I cannot see any changes between pre9 and pre10 that would have
    any effect on an nfs server with your configuration...

    > > Can you try going back to -pre9 and confirm that performance comes
    > > back?
    > I will have a second try on the issue this night and be back with
    > info tommorrow.

    Thanks. hopefully that will shed some light.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.019 / U:43.980 seconds]