    SubjectRe: Linux v2.5.42
    Date
    Linus Torvalds wrote:

    > PS: NOTE - I'm not going to merge either EVMS or LVM2 right now as things
    > stand. I'm not using any kind of volume management personally, so I just
    > don't have the background or inclination to walk through the patches and
    > make that kind of decision. My non-scientific opinion is that it looks
    > like the EVMS code is going to be merged, but ..
    >
    > Alan, Jens, Christoph, others - this is going to be an area where I need
    > input from people I know, and preferably also help merging. I've been
    > happy to see the EVMS patches being discussed on linux-kernel, and I just
    > wanted to let people know that this needs outside help.

    I support a SAP system (so far on solaris) at work. I make extensive use
    of a volume manager there. On linux I have tried both LVM1 and EVMS. I
    stopped using LVM1 the thrid time it caused me to restore after a clean
    boot... This problem may well have been fixed in LVM2 - I have not used it.
    On the other had EVMS has never scrambled my disks. It also offers more
    options, including an encapsulated LVM1. From my perspective EVMS wins.

    Ed Tomlinson

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:30    [W:0.056 / U:90.936 seconds]