    SubjectKeyboard problems with Linux-2.5.40
    Hi,

    I am using a MS Natural Pro Keyboard with a PS/2 adapter (if I use it as a
    USB keyboard I am not able to use it to select the kernel to load i.e use
    the keyboard before the kernel is loaded, anybody know how to get around
    this ? ) under Linux-2.5.40. I have mapped the multimedia keys available
    under this keyboard to start some applications under X. I am having
    problems with a couple of keys being unrecognized and one key producing
    duplicate behaviour as another. Specifically, I have the following in my
    .xmodmaprc file:

    /----[ .xmodmap-samba ]
    | ! .xmodmap-samba -- Customize Microsoft Natural Pro PC keyboard -*- xrdb -*-
    | !
    | ! last modified: 19-Oct-2001 Fri 15:03
    |
    | ! Use the fancy buttons to do some tasks
    | !
    | keycode 144 = XF86AudioPrev
    | keycode 153 = XF86AudioNext
    | keycode 160 = XF86AudioMute
    | keycode 161 = XF86Calculator
    | keycode 162 = XF86AudioPlay
    | keycode 164 = XF86AudioStop
    | keycode 174 = XF86AudioLowerVolume
    | keycode 176 = XF86AudioRaiseVolume
    | keycode 178 = XF86HomePage
    | keycode 223 = XF86Standby
    | keycode 229 = XF86Search
    | keycode 230 = XF86Favorites
    | keycode 231 = XF86Refresh
    | keycode 232 = XF86Stop
    | keycode 233 = XF86Forward
    | keycode 234 = XF86Back
    | keycode 235 = XF86MyComputer
    | keycode 236 = XF86Mail
    | keycode 237 = XF86AudioMedia

    \----

    I get the following in my kernel logs when I press XF86AudioMedia or
    XF86Refresh. And the window manager doesn't do anything i.e it doesn't
    start XMMS or reload the page under the browser

    atkbd.c: Unknown key (set 2, scancode 0x150, on isa0060/serio0) pressed.
    atkbd.c: Unknown key (set 2, scancode 0x150, on isa0060/serio0) released.
    atkbd.c: Unknown key (set 2, scancode 0x120, on isa0060/serio0) pressed.
    atkbd.c: Unknown key (set 2, scancode 0x120, on isa0060/serio0) released.
    atkbd.c: Unknown key (set 2, scancode 0x120, on isa0060/serio0) pressed.
    atkbd.c: Unknown key (set 2, scancode 0x120, on isa0060/serio0) released.
    atkbd.c: Unknown key (set 2, scancode 0x150, on isa0060/serio0) pressed.
    atkbd.c: Unknown key (set 2, scancode 0x150, on isa0060/serio0) released.

    Also when I press XF86AudioLowerVolume, I get the same behaviour as
    XF86HomePage i.e another instance of the browser is started. All other keys
    work fine.

    Can someone help me with this annoying problem ? Is there any package that
    I should upgrade ? Have the keycodes for this keyboard changed with the new
    kernel or have I miscompiled the kernel ? None of these problems occur with
    Linux-2.4.19.

    I am not on this list. So please CC me on any replies.

    -kitty.

    --
    Krishnakumar B <kitty at cs dot wustl dot edu>
    Distributed Object Computing Laboratory, Washington University in St.Louis