    SubjectRe: Linux v2.5.40 - and a feature freeze reminder
    On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 08:25:04AM -0400, jlnance@intrex.net wrote:

    > Do the ps/2 mouse and the keyboard work like they did in 2.4 (same /dev
    > major/minor)? I tried 2.5 early on but quit because I couldnt see my
    > input devices. At the time I posted a note and got some responses, but
    > it appeared that I would have to change things around such that they
    > wouldnt work with 2.4 anymore, which I was not willing to do.

    There are several new CONFIG_ options you need to configure to get
    keyboard/mouse working in 2.5. Asides from this, everything has
    'just worked' for me. There are some keyboards out there that are
    still having slight problems, but Vojtech is working his way through
    these.

    If anyone is still having "keyboard/mouse doesn't work" problems in 2.5
    after enabling the relevant CONFIG_ options, enable the DEBUG defines
    in i8042.c, and let Vojtech (vojtech@suse.cz) know about it.

    The biggest problems (all?) in this area should be long gone now.

    Dave