SubjectRe: [RFC] klibc requirements

>> Comments from the various libc authors? Comments from other kernel
>> developers about requirements and goals they would like to see from such
>> a libc?

felix> I think you need to ask initrd users.
felix> My understanding was that people want to use the IP autoconfiguration
felix> stuff from the kernel to initrd. Is that still so? What other programs
felix> are needed?

I can think of that in a fast thought:

- if fsck.* can be there, it will make fs nice, just now they have to
be able to fsck a ro root fs.
- I suppose that you can put here also the raid autodetect code and
things like that.
- you also need a very small minishell, something like nash (that
cames with mkinitrd will suffice).
Basic utility here is that you want to have several small programs
and have a small shell script to configure them (a distribution
dont' want to recompile all its boot programs for each target
- as I suppose that you have supposed insmod is essential :)
- you already put there IP autoconfiguration.

Later, Juan.

are different -- Larry McVoy

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.239 / U:1.124 seconds]