    SubjectRe: [RFC] klibc requirements

    >> Comments from the various libc authors? Comments from other kernel
    >> developers about requirements and goals they would like to see from such
    >> a libc?

    felix> I think you need to ask initrd users.
    felix> My understanding was that people want to use the IP autoconfiguration
    felix> stuff from the kernel to initrd. Is that still so? What other programs
    felix> are needed?

    I can think of that in a fast thought:

    - if fsck.* can be there, it will make fs nice, just now they have to
    be able to fsck a ro root fs.
    - I suppose that you can put here also the raid autodetect code and
    things like that.
    - you also need a very small minishell, something like nash (that
    cames with mkinitrd will suffice).
    Basic utility here is that you want to have several small programs
    and have a small shell script to configure them (a distribution
    dont' want to recompile all its boot programs for each target
    - as I suppose that you have supposed insmod is essential :)
    - you already put there IP autoconfiguration.

    Later, Juan.

    are different -- Larry McVoy

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.035 / U:2.876 seconds]