SubjectIRIX NFS server/ Linux NFS client problem
I'm wondering whether anybody experienced problems with Linux NFS clients
and IRIX NFS servers like this one:

I mount an xfs-filesystem located on an IRIX-machine v6.5.12 to a Linux
box (versions see below) using either Linux kernel-nfs or module-nfs.
Listing directory contents shows all the files present. Using the
completion functionality fails in showing the complete list of all the
files that are present. I'm pretty sure it's not a problem with large
files. All kinds of files are affected and it's even worse: the error is
not reproducible, i.e. yesterday 'these' files were missing in the
'TAB-completion-list', today other files are missing. And it happens with
both shells bash and tcsh. It's not obvious which kinds of files are
affected.

This does not seem to be a serious issue but rather an annoying one, but
it slightly rocks my confidence in the nfs code (don't know whether IRIX
or Linux) and I suspect that not only the completion function fails but
for example also file selection using shell scripts.

I'm using Kernel 2.4.17, glibc 2.2.4, bash 2.0.5 (SuSE 7.3 installation).

I'd appreciate your opinions.

Thanks in advance,
Nicolas Fay

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.034 / U:0.200 seconds]