    SubjectDifficulties in interoperating with Windows

    IANAL, but I wondered why there is such difficulty with making Linux work
    completely with Windows systems? I guess part of it may be that Windows
    is closed source but as reverse engineering for interoperability is legal
    in the UK (regardless of what the End User License states), is the problem
    that it is difficult to read the Assembly easily?

    Is there not a project on Linux to convert assembly back to C? Would
    this be exceptionally hard?

    Just wondered why Linux has struggled for a while to interoperate with
    Windows completely...

    Cheers,

    --
    Andy Jeffries | Scramdisk Linux Project
    http://www.scramdisklinux.org | Lead developer

    "testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up
    it is perfect."
    --- Linus Torvalds