SubjectRe: __FUNCTION__
On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 02:59:46PM -0700, Ian S. Nelson wrote:

> I suspect this might be about as religious an issue as there is but has
> anyone thought about coming up with some "standard" debugging macros,
> perhaps something that can be configured at compile time from the
> configuration for everyone to use everywhere? I've got my own debug
> macros, essentially a printk with the file, function and line added
> wrapped in #ifdef DEBUG. I've seen several other schemes in other parts
> of the kernel and now some of them aren't correct.

Jeff Garzik and others have talked about unifying the network driver's
debug statements and levels with a common set of macros and level
values. I want to do the same thing with the USB drivers, but was
waiting for them to finalize their scheme first (and hopefully use the
same thing.)

So yes, I think there can be some kind of "standard" debugging macros,
but the "standard" will probably be limited to a subset of the kernel.

greg k-h

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.101 / U:7.396 seconds]